Sunday, September 4, 2011

So apparently I...

...do the same couple of things over and over.


The nice thing about new friends is that they point out things that they notice about you, things your friends at home already know to be a part of you and your personality. When you meet someone new, you sub-consciously observe and note there actions, or so is my experience.

The top three things I've been said to mention more than often:
  1. Soccer
  2. Wanting to walk everywhere
  3. Beer
* sometimes in the same sentence


    Sounds about right.



    A week in Costa Rica, I feel settled. The excited stage has warn away, and the fact that this is my home for the next few months has at last sunk in.



    I haven't any real stories to write about, so I'll just blabber about things. Cool? Cool.

    _________________________________________________________

    Shaving cream is a waste of money, soap works just as well.

    I bring my raincoat with me wherever I go. It rains here at 2pm.. everyday. 

    My host mother cooks very well, I eat like a king. 

    I must have killed at least 200 little ants since I've been here. They're everywhere.

    I take the bus to the city - it's like riding Spacemountain.
     ________________________________________________________

    The security to get into the bank is equal to that of Newark airport.

    We got pulled over in a cab the other day for having too many people.
    Nothing happened.

    Ticos like limes, a lot.

    If you wear a white dress to the club, you're a slut - I guarantee it.

    Every car here is manual (stick shift).
     ________________________________________________________

    I really like Yucca, and really don't like fresh papaya.

    Top three types of stores here: Shoe stores, Bakery's, and
    the "useless crap no one needs" stores

    Everytime you see another American, you nod.

    Really enjoying my classes. I don't get it either.

    New favorite beer: Imperial.
     ________________________________________________________

    I met a homeless guy from Brooklyn in the park today. His name was Owen; 
    we talked for a half hour.

    Which reminds me, homeless people love white people. 



    Section of [things I miss] 
    • English speaking family members
    • Video games
    • PB&J's
    • 56 Maple Street
    • A good pillow
    • Screens on windows
    • Cereal 
    Pura Vida, Mis Amigos
    Hasta Luego

    No comments:

    Post a Comment